Buying or selling a house is the largest financial investment most people make, and it’s one of the most complex. You need to think about financing, appraisals, zoning regulations, short sales, repairs, and more. REALTORS® are here to help!
What will a REALTOR® do for me?
REALTORS® can be invaluable to buyers and sellers in a number of ways!
If you’re buying, your REALTOR® can:
- Help you determine how much home you can afford
- Explain financing options and help you find the right loan.
- Assist in your home search through the local Multiple Listing Service, or with houses you find through www.realtor.com or other websites.
- Provide objective data about each property – including helping find information you might not realize is available.
- Provide negotiating expertise and help resolve any issues that arise with the seller that could delay closing or void the contract.
- Help you get and understand any homeowner association documents.
- Coordinate appraisals and other services your lender may require.
- Help you determine what inspections are necessary, such as for dry rot, asbestos, radon, mold, and the condition of the roof and/or septic tank (to name a few!).
- Explain earnest money deposits, escrow accounts, and closing costs.
- Go on a final walk-through to make sure everything is in order and any repairs have been made properly.
- Work with you and the seller’s agent to reach a smooth and problem-free closing.
If you’re selling, your REALTOR® can:
- Go over the market conditions to help you set the right price for your home based on everything from size and condition to recent sales in your neighborhood.
- Find the best places to market your property – including the local Multiple Listing Service and other channels that may not be available to the general public.
- Help prepare or “stage” your home for sale by suggesting small improvements that can make the difference – everything from arranging furniture to choosing the right paint color.
- Take professional photos and video, and make sure they’re included in your home’s advertising.
- Coordinate inspections, appraisals, and other issues to ensure a smooth closing.
- Provide negotiating expertise and help resolve any issues that arise with the buyer that could delay closing or void the contract.
- Work with you and the buyer’s agent to reach a smooth and problem-free closing.