Thank you to all who attended our February member enrichment meeting at the Danville Golf Club on the 22nd!
Kyle Slosek, a Senior Cybersecurity Consultant specializing in Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing with Leidos Cyber, Inc., spoke to our membership about password best practices and online safety. Since REALTORS® are constantly in possession of sensitive information, it is imperative that they practice sound password practices and consider tips for better online safety. Thanks, Kyle, for your very enlightening presentation!
Remember the following tips when considering your passwords:
- Use long passwords (at least 12 characters)
- Use a variety of characters – uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters
- Consider passphrases instead of passwords
- Make your passwords unique – do NOT reuse passwords across your accounts!
- Use the PAO (person – action – object) method
- Use two-factor authentication, when available
- Ensure your security question answers are not public information – stick to questions like “what’s your favorite food” or “what’s your favorite movie”
To view Kyle’s slides from his presentation, click here.